Helpers to ping an IPv4 or IPv6 address by sending ICMP echo requests and waiting for ICMP echo replies.
Functionality in this crate relies on ICMP sockets, a kind of socket where each payload read/written contains ICMP headers.
As a starting point, see
new_unicast_sink_and_stream, which is built
on top of the other facilities in the crate and models pinging as sending
an ICMP echo request whenever a value is sent to the sink, and a stream
which yields an item for every echo reply received.
- Parameters of a ping request/reply.
- Sink for sending ping requests.
- Stream of received ping replies.
- Uninstantiable type representing IPv4.
- Uninstantiable type representing IPv6.
- Ping error.
- The number of bytes of an ICMP (v4 or v6) header.
- Async ICMP socket.
- Trait for IP protocol versions.
- Extension trait on
Ipfor Fuchsia-specific functionality.
- Addresses which can be converted from
- Create a new ICMP socket.
- Create a ping sink and stream for pinging a unicast destination with the same body for every packet.