Authenticated Encryption with Associated Data (AEAD) traits
This crate provides an abstract interface for AEAD ciphers, which guarantee both confidentiality and integrity, even from a powerful attacker who is able to execute chosen-ciphertext attacks. The resulting security property, ciphertext indistinguishability, is considered a basic requirement for modern cryptographic implementations.
See RustCrypto/AEADs for cipher implementations which use this trait.
pub use generic_array;
pub use crypto_common::rand_core;
- Type aliases for many constants.
- Error type.
- A random number generator that retrieves randomness from the operating system.
- AEAD payloads (message + AAD).
- Authenticated Encryption with Associated Data (AEAD) algorithm.
- Authenticated Encryption with Associated Data (AEAD) algorithm core trait.
- In-place stateless AEAD trait.
- Stateful Authenticated Encryption with Associated Data algorithm.
- In-place stateful AEAD trait.
- In-place encryption/decryption byte buffers.
- Types which can be initialized from key.
- Types which use key for initialization.