The omaha_client::common module contains those types that are common to many parts of the library. Many of these don’t belong to a specific sub-module.
- The App struct holds information about an application to perform an update check for.
- Options controlling a single update check
- The fields used to describe the timing of the next update check.
- Structure used to serialize per app data to be persisted. Be careful when making changes to this struct to keep backward compatibility.
- Helper struct that provides a nicer format for Debug printing
Optionby dropping the
Some(...)that wraps its value, and instead uses the Display trait implementation of the value.
- These hold the data maintained request-to-request so that the requirements for backoffs, throttling, proxy use, etc. can all be properly maintained. This is NOT the state machine’s internal state.
- This describes the data around the scheduling of update checks
- Omaha has historically supported multiple methods of counting devices. Currently, the only recommended method is the Client Regulated - Date method.