Elliptic Curve-based cryptographic algorithms over NIST P curves.
This module only supports elliptic curve cryptography over NIST’s P curves, defined in FIPS 186-3. These are the P-256, P-384, and P-521 curves (P-224 is considered insecure, and thus is not supported). The ECDSA and ECDH algorithms are both defined over P curves, and so are exposed in this module.
Other elliptic curve algorithms on non-P curves live in other modules (e.g.,
operations on the Edwards 25519 curve live in the
- The Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm.
- An elliptic curve private key over a P curve.
- An elliptic curve public key over a P curve.
- The P-256 curve.
- The P-384 curve.
- The P-521 curve.
- An elliptic curve private key whose curve is unknown at compile time.
- An elliptic curve public key whose curve is unknown at compile time.
- A NIST P elliptic curve.