The scrypt password hashing function.
scrypt was originally proposed in Stronger Key Derivation via Sequential Memory-Hard Functions and standardized in RFC 7914.
A note on terminology: scrypt is technically a key derivation function, and its output is thus technically a key. However, we expose it here only for the purposes of password verification, and thus we use the term “hash” to refer to its output.
- The output of the scrypt password hashing function.
- The parameters to the scrypt function.
- The length of an scrypt hash.
- Recommended paramaters for a laptop.
- Recommended parameters for a production server.
- The length of an scrypt salt.
- Generates an scrypt hash for the given password.
- Verifies a password against an scrypt hash.